MelissaDoesNotBully
MelissaDoes... , Student asks:
Q:

how do i stop cutting myself?

Nothing helped me to stop cutting myself, not therapist, counselors, anything. What do I do?
In Topics: Cutting

|
colleenjohnston
colleenjohn... , Teacher, Parent writes:
I'm not an expert, just a mom. My daughter (18) struggled with cutting for a long time. We also tried counsellors, etc. She started getting better once she got intense live-in help. She lived in a facility for about 6 mos and learned other ways to deal with stress, negativity, bad influences, past experiences(she was abused as a child). They used a type of therapy called DBT. It helped her immensely! She's been out of there for 10 months now and is doing well. I don't know your situation, but I know you have value and are worth so much. Don't give up on yourself. You can get through this. You'll be a stronger person when you do, then you can help others who have this same struggle.

2
0
Caringnurse2
Caringnurse2 writes:
First you need to talk to someone you trust! There is a reason why you are doing this, and you may not understand why. You need help please seek out someone you trust

1
0
Caringnurse2
Caringnurse2 writes:
Love yourself and when you get the urge to cut go look at yourself in the mirror and say out loud to yourself "I LOVE YOU And I Wil Not Cut You Any More" I know that may sound silly but believe me it works so just try it

1
0
Hi Melissa,

I am so sorry to hear that you feel this way. You have taken a great first step by reaching out for help, and I am proud of you for that. However, an online community cannot provide all of the support you need. Here are a few things you can and should do to get the help that you deserve:

-Call a National Suicide Hotline (it's free, confidential, and 24/7): 1-800-DONT-CUT
-Talk to a trusted adult (teacher, counselor, parent, etc.) They will help you find support, and get you to a therapist or trained professional.
-If you ever feel that your life is in immediate danger, call 911 immediately.

My heart goes out to you, and I wish you the very best. Please get help from an adult as soon as possible.

Alex
Community Team

2
0
RainbOasis
RainbOasis , Student, Teacher writes:
Hello Mel, I may understand what you're going through, except in a different perspective, My girlfriend used to cut herself a lot, but instead of urging her to stop I told her it was her choice to do so. I took it upon my own hobby to secretly find out why she was doing this but she just kept on telling me it was her mother, not long after I soon found it that the percentage of modern suicides are because of parents, not bullies or unstable emotions.
I feel that you can find help, such as suicide hotlines, or you could just feel sympathy for others. For example, you hurting yourself is hurting others around you. We come to ask ourselves 'can I live with myself if my peers were hurt for something I did?' even though you'd already be gone, some Christians come to say that killing yourself is still murder upon your own body, I may not be Christian but I find this absolutely true.
Try looking back at what started your emotions on cutting yourself, try finding something to do (to keep you occupied) instead of cutting yourself.

2
0
ashley1980
ashley1980 writes:
My daughter has been cutting herself also. She is seeing a counselor but I don't really know if it's helping or not. I wanted to send you a private message but for some reason my phone wouldn't let me. My daughter is 13 years old and I'm wondering if you to may be able to benefit from talking to one another. If you are interested i will get her to set up an account on here.

1
0
andreast
andreast writes:
Sweet heart i was in your shoes my reasons for doing it was because of all the bullying all the ridicule and fighting in my life i didn't know how to feel anymore so i. resorted to that but then i went and seeked help when that didn't work i found the will inside me to fight it head on i relized theres more to life then what I'm going through right now things will get better for me i needed to forget all the negatibve and remember the positive i now have two beautiful children and a wonderful fionce and I'm happy so my point being don't dwell on the present and don't care about what anyone else thinks of you be yourself love yourself have dreams big ones and follow your dreams make your future what ever you want it to be cas your strong and beautiful

2
0
andreast
andreast writes:
Also for a lil while i would wear a rubber band aroundcmy wrist and every time i felt that i needed to id pull on the rubber band and tell myself i didn't need to do that to myself

2
0
PaulyXxmoreswagxXReeves
PaulyXxmore... writes:
think about helping your self rehab is the best choice

2
0
realmiah
realmiah writes:
start commuicating with others and start feeling good about yourself

1
0
JamielaIsmail
JamielaIsmail , Teacher writes:
Dear Melissa,
i am sorry to hear that you cut yourself and that counselling has not helped.  cutting yourself does not solve any problems - quite contrary actually.
- i do think that you should get together with other girls your age and speak to each other and do  some fun things together.  
- there are many reasons why young girls do this but in order for you to stop, you should focus on the positives.  
- right now you try to set some goals for yourself - one of them should include you stop cutting yourself.  
- I always believe in speaking to someone you can trust - your priest / an aunt.  
- become involved in community service activities - youth group at the church, helping at the old age home, caring for pets at the vet etc. so that your mind is taken off cutting.  
you should be enjoying your life as you are young.  
- go back to therapy and ask for a group session with other young girls so that you can support each other and build some friendships.  
-look at the good, build your self esteem and self worth and try to problem solve in a more acceptable manner.  
you are a lovely girl and should be reaching for the stars.  set those goals and focus on what is important - change happens from within and if you start then the Almighty will assist - perhaps now its the time to become spiritually aware / conscious as it makes our lives lighter and brighter by talking to Him and believing that things will get better.
Have faith and say i can get out of this bad habit and Lord please help me and make me strong to overcome this.
God bless

0
0