ohiomommy
ohiomommy asks:
Q:

How do i stop a teacher from humiliating my 5 yr old son in school?

My 5 yr old is having trouble snapping his pants after he goes potty and the teacher refuses to help him and makes him walk around school all day with his pants falling down humiliating him in front of everyone. I have contacted the superintendent of the school and he has yet to contact me back. Don't know what to do.

|
sahar
sahar writes:
donot worry......first teach the kid to snap his pant by himself...secondly complaint in written  to school authorities as this also goes into sexual humiliation which is destructive ti kid's mental health .be loud and assertive.u r right so be not afraid.

0
0
mastrs1
mastrs1 writes:
I have the same problem with my 5 year old daughter. I try to help her learn to snap her pants herself but she still hasn't conquered it and quiet frankly, its getting a little chilly for dresses. But she obviously walks around school all day long with her pants unbuttoned and her shoes untied with her ponytail falling halfway out. She has TWO teachers and extracurricular teachers and NO ONE ever helps her. She walks out of school looking like she is a poor homeless child or something. Its definitely getting old. I'm obviously no help here but want to let you know that you are not the only one in this situation. Good Luck!!

0
0
cherylea
cherylea writes:
I find this very sad to read -- I think it goes on in every school, the teacher told us day one she would NOT help zip, snap or tie anything -- so I put stretch pants on my daughter, you can buy bluejeans that have elastic in the back of them, she can pull them up and down, without un-snapping them...Last week I got so fed up with her teacher, making her cry in class and then calling her a baby, three attempts to get this to stop did nothing, so I pulled her out of class and am now going to homeschool her. I know this is not for everyone one, but I did not put her into school, to be bullied by a teacher. I found the more I complained, the more the teacher harassed her -- Never again to my little one!

0
0
rebekka2
rebekka2 writes:
Talk to the teacher, if you haven't?  But model manners + compassion (not sure if she has that skill ;)?), tell her some positive aspect of her class and then ask her to please give some assistance to your son, really how hard is it to give a quick snap!?!?  Give her a book on manners, and take the high road!  

If that is no avail, try a little closer to the situation... talk to the principal (!) AND discuss the incidents!  

Bottom line you need to get him out of that situation!!!  Change schools!?!?  Home school!?!?

0
0