rainesstuff
rainesstuff asks:
Q:

Struggling with Letters

My five year old is in the first year of kindergarden she did not have a whole year of pre-k she was moved around alot.
So now she is having a hard time with her letters have a appointment for a conference with Teacher.
She was a preemi about 3 1/2 pounds can this be a problem and cause a learning disability?
What can I do to help at this point?
In Topics: Helping my child with reading, Helping my child with school work and home work

|
3craftboys
3craftboys writes:
try www.starfall.com   all 3 of my boys knew their abc's by 2 years old-even before they could talk!! good luck!!

0
1
lynellen
lynellen writes:
It is so good that you are talking with the teacher at this early stage of school!  When you say she is having trouble with her letters, do you mean she is having difficulty writing them, sounding them out, producing their names?  Letters can be so complicated!!! Generally teachers have great suggestions for parents and can help you identify specifically what to work on.  Once you know what to work on there are great resources here at this website as well as many others. You many also want to talk with your school's counselor or diagnostician for futher help.  Thanks for being so interested in helping your child!!!

0
0