celticwoman
celticwoman asks:
Q:

struggling with being pushed down

I'm being pushed down from wanting to go to college people tell me college will never accept you. They only accept smart people. I'm pushed down from getting a job and driving a car. It makes me mad because adults always say when i was in high school i would play outside all the time. My parents do not want me to drive, get a job or go to college. They do not understand that after i leave high school that i want to go to college and move on not stay in a stinky town and always be controlled and put down by people.
In Topics: My child's growth and development

|

Dear Celtic woman:

Good for you! talk to your guidance counselor at school about scholarships or local community college options if your family does not support your going to the next step after high school. There are many options and guidance should help. If you are going to be 18 years old at graduation, you have the right to request a driver's license/insurance if you can afford it. I respect your parent's authority, but don't let "family history" hold back your dreams. go for it.

Best wishes.

0
0