celticwoman
celticwoman asks:
Q:

struggling with stress

I'm very stressed right now with a history exam coming up, a english exam and trying to study for it. But no one seems to understand how much stress i'm going through. My family is bugging me because i'm already stressed but they make it worse. They make fun of me for feeling stressed. And my sister is always making fun of me and mocking me for being under so much right now. So yelled at me that it was my job to clean the house, fed the dog, mop the floor, fix dinner, unload the dishwasher. I can't stand it any longer! I feel like everyone is putting stuff on and expecting me to do it all
In Topics: Teen issues, Children and stress

|

Hey there,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out for some help! From what you've written it really sounds like you've been feeling really overwhelmed by everything you have coming your way. Based on all of those responsibilities of yours it definitely sounds like you've got a lot on your plate right now...so its understandable why you'd be feeling stressed about it. Luckily, you're showing a ton of perseverance by reaching out, that's for sure!

A lot of siblings have a tendency to bicker or give each other a hard time. If your sister isn't providing you with the support you need, then it would definitely be a great idea to reach out to somebody else in the family for a little support and encouragement. Talking to mom or dad, for example, would be a great step to take. When you have that conversation with them please remember that the words coming out of your mouth are only one part of the conversation- your body language, facial expression, voice tone, and emotions are play a big part in any conversation you have. If you are worked up, emotional, argumentative, or playing the blame game it can really take away from how well your message is received by the person you're talking to. So, just try to be as reasonable, calm, and polite as possible. Let them know about the things that have been going on to cause you stress and express a willingness to compromise and meet in the middle. You might talk about taking some of the responsibilities away or working out a new timeline for when you need to have those chores completed. Remember, compromise is usually the best route to take.

Also, check this out...it can help with your stress: http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/DiscoverIt/Articles/Pages/HowtoAvoidaStressfulLifestyle.aspx

1-800-448-3000
0
0