gunner08
gunner08 asks:
Q:

student placement

My daughter attends Winchester Elementary School,and there was incident yesterday at the end of school that my daughters teacher had left her alone without any supervision. I went to get my daughter and found her alone outside of the classroom,and I asked her where her teacher was.My daughter told me her teacher took her class over to catch the bus,and told my daughter to look for me,by herself. I want my daughter taken out of this class and put in another,however the principal told me she wouldn't do that. What can I do to get my daughter in another classroom without changing schools?
In Topics: Working with my child's teacher(s), My Relationship with my child's school

|

Hi gunner08,

I may be confused in this question, but what I understand is that you had arranged to pick your child up after school, but arrived later and the teacher had already escorted the other children to the bus or car rider stations, this left your daughter alone waiting for you.  You are upset because your child was alone at her classroom and therefore, you want to change teachers over this incident and the principle sees this as a an unnecessary measure and won't do it.  How old is your daughter?  Was she in danger?  Are there other incidents that makes you uncomfortable with this teacher?  

We are into the school year past 1/2 way now, and it would probably be difficult to have your child placed in a separate class, it may also upset your child to be relocated in the year away from what she has already established her space and classmates.  

I understand that this upsets you, but since you are not receiving co-operation from the school in your desire to move your child, you may want to look into solutions to prevent something like this happening again.  You may want to speak to the teacher to see if he/she has any suggestions that you would be able to compromise on to make the remainder of this school year a success for your daughter.

Best wishes!

0
0