SerenaClarice
SerenaClarice asks:
Q:

Is it possible for me to sue?

My school is holding me back to make up credits and the required amount (in Georgia) is 22, I have 22.5 credits.
http://education-portal.com/articles/Earning_Yo...
Member Added on May 30, 2012
They refused to let me walk with my class, but let a girl walk last year and this year, and last year she didn't have enough credits and stayed at school (2011-2012 years) this whole year. Personally, I don't think it is right.

|

missgigimeowcat
missgigimeo... , Teacher, Parent writes:
Though I do not know your specific situation, such as the courses you completed, I can tell you that it is possible to have more credits than necessary to gradate.

In most schools you are required by the state and school district to complete a specific number of core content/required courses and then are allowed to use the remainder of the credits for elective/not required courses.

For example, in Kentucky (where I am a teacher) it is required that you take 4 years of English. If you fail one year and do not repeat the class to make up the credit, you could be short one credit required for graduation.
Most students need to take an English course each year, and possibly a math, history, and science course until all core content course requirements are met. Students may also have to take other courses, such as health, physical education, computer literacy/keyboarding, etc.
I would advise any student to sit down with his school counselor and discuss the path he or she needs to take to complete high school and graduate with his or her class. Your school counselor is your best resource for answering your specific questions.

0
0