DonDon
DonDon , Student asks:
Q:

how do i know if i suffer from depression?

it all started a few month ago, i fell for this boy. he broke my heart. i cannit sleep properally, i cannit eat as much as i used to, i cry all the time, and i would rather lie under a blanket in a ball then go out side... someone please help me?
In Topics: Teen issues

|

AnnieFox

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a hard time right now. Rejection hurts. Actually it sucks! Especiallly when it comes from someone you love. You've suffered a loss and it's bringing you down. Not sleeping and not eating well are going to impact your health and your mood. So will hiding out under a blanket and avoiding going out and being with your friends.

I'm really glad that you sent in this question because that tells me you know you're in a dark place and that you want OUT! Submitting this question was the first step to feeling better. The next step is talking to someone.

Talk to your parents and tell them how you've been feeling. I'm sure they've noticed the change in your mood and behavior... but tell them in your own words what's going on. Tell them you'd like to talk with a counselor. They can get a recommendation from the school counselor or from their health care provider.

You deserve to be much happier than you are and you can be... with help.
2
0