celticwoman
celticwoman asks:
Q:

Suffering from abuse at home

I'm being verbal and emotionally abused at home and school and I'm angry, confused, and scared if I tell anyone they won't believe me. My parents hate me because I wasn't born a boy and have talents they only want. They put me down if I had a rough day at school, make me feel stupid for being myself, try to get me to do their job and won't care if I try to do homework, they won't let me have friends, do fun things with them but make fun of me and say your friends are stupid and lazy! They also put me down that I'm too fat, have ugly teeth, not neat enough, they only want me to go to a college where they will choose the major and I won't have a say in what I'll do after college. I'm hurting so much and feeling depressed that this is happening to me and I have no one to talk to because they threaten me saying no one will believe you and you have no friends. No one sees what is going on and I'm tired of being abused and hated for no reason. I'm crying out for help and want to kill myself to escape life from being abused by parents who don't love me and are tired of having me around.
In Topics: Physical Health

|
Hi celticwoman,

Thanks for reaching out to the JustAsk community. It pains me to hear what you are going through, and my heart absolutely goes out to you. Please, please talk to a trusted adult in your life or at school (perhaps a guidance counselor or teacher).

If you are ever thinking about suicide, there is an anonymous and toll-free suicide hotline that you can call at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). If you are being abused or are in danger from being hurt by someone else you can call Child Help 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453).

And of course, if your life is ever in immediate danger, please call 911 immediately.

Best of luck to you.

Alex
Community Team

1
0
I also just wanted to share a link with you to a question you asked before (linked to below). There are some really valuable answers from our expert team in there that might be helpful to you at this moment.

Best,

Alex
Community Team

1
0
izabella200
izabella200 writes:
Celticwoman, I'm so sorry to hear you have to go through this.  It is very unfair.  Please do not believe what they say, you are very special and it has taken someone very brave to just post on here and ask for help and to tell your story.  That is a good start.  I've had my share of difficulties and have dealt with some abusive situations.  There are some really wonderful people out there who can help you.  I got counseling through the Women's center.  Also, some schools have a counselor.  There also might be someone through a church in your community that can help.  Please do not give up!  Life can be tough, but there are so many wonderful parts and people, too.  Music has always been my escape and helped me through many very difficult times.  Hopefully, you can find something you enjoy that will help ease the depression.  I will be praying for you.

1
0
JamielaIsmail
JamielaIsmail , Teacher writes:
Oh this is so sad and i am disappointed that your parents are not loving towards you.  Please speak to a member of your church, a counselor at your school, or to someone you can trust.

Taking your life should not be an option despite the desperateness of your situation.  

Always remember that you are a person in your own right, who has a talent and that you are special.  You did not give your age, perhaps if you get an aunt to speak to your parents, this might be helpful.  

You have rights and they include being loved and nurtured by your family. And since is not happening, you can ask if you can be placed with an aunt who would be willing to care for you in a more nurturing manner.  

Remember that you can join a support group for abused women.  There is help out there.  Do fun things on your own - go for walks, join a jogging group, and set small achievable goals that you work toward so that you can help yourself in making a happier life possible.

Have faith and don't give up on yourself.  You are beautiful and special.

1
0
GeraldineCharles
GeraldineCh... writes:
Maybe you could talk to your school counselor for a start. It sounds as if the family needs counseling. Don't think of killing yourself. One thing you must always remember when you think no one cares or loves you, you are wrong because God always loves you and you will always be special to him. You need to tell someone what your going through, you can't keep all this inside. I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

0
0