Q:

Please suggest jobs for teens interested in computers and technology.

"Can you please send me information of jobs that requires computer application knowledge? I am 16 years-old and I cant get a job that really likes me. I love computers and technology things. PLEASE HELP ME!"

Asked by Humberto in commenting on the article, "Should Your Teen Get a Summer Job?": http://www.education.com/magazine/article/Teen_...
In Topics: Jobs/Careers, Teen issues, Technology and my child

|

Allyn Anderson

Sometimes your local government or high schools will offer summer jobs. Start by calling your local government to see if they have some jobs for students. If nothing seems to surface during this time of "business recession," consider volungteering for 3-4 hours a couple of times each week.

1
0

laurenf
laurenf writes:
It's pretty hard to find a computer related job as a teen under 18. I'd recommend searching online (craisglist.org, monster.com, careerbuilder.com, local search sites, etc.) and offline community boards in your area for full time, part time, and contract jobs that require computer knowledge. Visit your school's career office, and see if they have any postings/ideas as well. Ask friends and family to see if they need or know anyone who needs computer help in the areas you're knowledgeable about.

Depending on what skills you have, I can easily see you being a computer attendant in a lab, web designer for a non-profit, or creative designer for a local store.

Attached is a list of a few computer related job sites.

2
0
kevin_edu
kevin_edu writes:
Your could try going to local computer shops and see if they need any help. Ask your parents/siblings/relatives if they know anyone who is looking for some cheap labor for computer-related tasks. Also, if you know programming languages you can offer your labor in the market on http://www.odesk.com/. If you don't, I'd recommend talking classes at a local CC to learn software/hardware engineering.

3
0
skinnyhorse
skinnyhorse , Parent writes:
If you want to work with computers and technology, then one of the best ways to get started may be with designing websites and learning SEO. This is a growing industry with so many potential applications. Internet Marketing is a huge market and there are a lot of "techy teens" that have started learning it and are making good money working for themselves. My 18 year old is learning it now. There are also a lot of free resources to learn from. Here are a couple of free resources that will help get you started. One is a free guide on how to get started with Internet Marketing and the other is a guide to learn SEO. I hope this is helpful and I wish you luck!

1
0
BigSis
BigSis writes:
A great resource is your local library. Most libraries have a career center where you can work together with the staff to help find a job that suits your needs.

Another great resource is talking to your parents and your parents friends. Networking could help find you a job that may not be posted to the public. It never hurts to ask around.

1
0
HeatherPeterson124
HeatherPete... writes:
They can also try to be a SEO agent or write for other websites. Eventually if they became more inclined in this, they might as well pursue an internet marketing degree.

0
0
umarrafique
umarrafique writes:
Students can benefit greatly from good online jobs and freelance websites in their summer holidays. I would suggest going through Webemployed.com because they have excellent guides on those money earning sources. It should help all the students to earn some pocket money in their holidays.

1
0
Anonymous