Q:

Can you suggest ways to better manage time for my son?

"I want to manage time for my son. He is in second standard.His school timings are 8.30am to 3.15pm. After coming home from school, he takes at least  takes 1/2 hour to freshen up have lunch and little rest by then it is 5.30pm. Can you suggest me or help me out to make time for him to study and playing time? I try to put him to sleep by 9.00 pm."

Asked by Neelam in commenting on the activity, "Make a Family History Fanfold Timeline!": http://www.education.com/activity/article/famil...

In Topics: School and Academics, Motivation and achievement at school, Parenting / Our Family

|

I suggest using a calendar, such as a whiteboard, that will show his schedule. The process needs to include the child. Make decisions about how much time is needed for homework, play, and other activities. If he has a favorite television show to watch that can be included. Expectations can be discussed, such as when you finish your homework you can play.

The child learns to manage time with the parent. During the first week the schedule will need to be adjusted more frequently. Transitional times between activities can also be included if they are problematic.

2
0

rkaiulani
rkaiulani writes:
I think that different children have different scheduling strategies that work for them. Some like to get homework done soon after getting home from school so that they can enjoy dinner/free time later. Others prefer to unwind and start homework after dinner. I always playing sports in school and so would get home from practice, eat dinner, and then get started on work. Experiment and you will find the schedule that works best.

Here's a resource center with a ton a of articles on time management and study skills for children and parents. Hope this helps!

1
0
Anonymous