Q:

Need suggestions for a data chart for the science project, "Effect of Temperature on Chirping Crickets".

"Bravo! I'm doing the same experiment for my science fair project of my school and it is almost exactly as mine. My only question is, how might my data chart be?"

Asked by Adolfo in commenting on the science project, "Effect of Temperature on Chirping Crickets": http://www.education.com/science-fair/article/e...
In Topics: Science fair, Helping my child with science

|

Hi, Based on the hypothesis and procedure described in this project, here are some ideas of what you could include in the data chart...

>The first temperature inside the cage (when you put thermometer in the box without heated rocks) and whether or not the crickets are chirping at that temperature.  

>Next, after you put the heat rock in the cage, note the temperature and whether or not the crickets are chirping. You could also expand this to note the chirping as the temperature rises; such as at each 3-5 degree interval.

>Then, after you remove the heat rock and put in the ice cubes, note again the temperature inside the cage, and whether or not the crickets are chirping.

Here's a hypothetical example of what your chart might look like (not pulled from real scientific experimenting/analysis)...

Conditions           Temperature     Chirping?
No heat/no ice     70 degrees        Yes - X chirps per second, not loud

With heat rock     80 degrees        Yes - X chirps per second, louder
                         95 degrees        Yes - constant, loud chirping

With ice              40 degrees        No

Please also refer to any guidelines your teacher provided for this assignment, and ask your parent for help as needed. Thanks for asking!

0
0