Nichole0314
Nichole0314 asks:
Q:

how do I get my Super sensitive 6yr old daughter to be more assertive and less timid?

My 6yr old daughter is off the growth charts for height and weight.  She is taller and bulkier than her older sister and most of her sister's older friends, but she is so timid and shy. She has the biggest heart and will sob uncontrollably at movies or commercials that are either sad or happy, and her kindrgarten teacher has mentioned that she will cry in class, if she thinks she is not meeting the teacher's expectations.  She is very much a "pleaser" and we lavish praise and compliments on her all of the time at home and in public.  She has a tendency to let other kids push her around or cut in front of her in all types of situations.  How do we deal with her emotional personality, and teach her to stick up for herself and be more assertive?
In Topics: Friendships and peer relationships

|