Escher1
Escher1 asks:
Q:

Support group for LD teens

Hi! I am a parent to an 18 year old son with learning disabilities. I am looking for any kind of a support/ social group in or around Morris county for him to participate in. He is very social, and outgoing, but because of his learning differences is finding it hard to meet other teens to befriend outside of school. He seems increasingly despondent about the situation, and I am hoping that other parents might have some suggestions.
In Topics: Teen issues, Learning disabilities

|

We don't know of any groups in particular, but here's some ideas on how to find one:

- If your son sees a doctor or therapist for his learning disability, check with them.  They may know of some local groups.

- Check with your local United Way.  In Morris County, all you have to dial is 2-1-1 to reach them.

- Try contacting a national organization like Learning Disabilities Association of America (http://www.ldanatl.org/.)  They may have resources that will help.

MKM, Counselor
1-800-448-3000
2
0