micthell
micthell asks:
Q:

Swine Flu after effect for 10 year old daughter

My daughter came down with something 2 weeks ago. May be swine flu or maybe something else. Started with a really bad cough, fever, wheezing and it was hard for her to breath. She was put on albuterol and a oral Steroid and Zmax. Her cough was so bad we took her back to the doctor. We had chest x-rays and blood work done. These test came back all good. now 2 weeks in to it. She has developed muscle and joint pain mostly in her hands, ankles and legs. Took her back to the doctor and still no answers. Ready to take her to the ER...
In Topics: H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)

|

there are many reasons that a ten year old would have an going cough.  your doctor responded appropriately now the issue is: Is it viral for which Zmax would not work. the arthritis component is common with some parvoviruses and with mycoplasma which are ordinary bugs that appear in the community from time to time from which we all recover.  whooping cough always is a consideration since she at ten has not yet received her Tdap as a booster vaccine.  

I am sure your doctor will figure it out. Be patient. Coughs are annoying but not fatal.  I wish her well.

1
0