MargeR
MargeR asks:
Q:

Will I ever be able to get the Swine Flu Shot?

As Dr. Yankus indicated in his answer to Carol: "unfortunately people who are over 60 years old do not qualify for the shot". http://www.education.com/question/request-h1n1-...

I will be turning 61 years old in 3 days and I have severe emphysema. Every year my Doctor gives me both the regular flu shot and the pneumonia shot in the fall.

I have to carry hand sanitizer with me whenever I got out and I wear a surgical mask when I go to either the hospital or any of my Doctor's offices.

So far I have beat all of the odds that I got from my Pulmonary Doctor and would like to keep it going that way.

So my question is: Are there any exceptions to that rule?
In Topics: H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu)

|

Peter_Wenger

Yes you are eligible to get the novel H1N1 influenza A vaccine as soon as it is available in your community.  You meet the criteria for priority immunization.  You are under 65 years of age and have a chronic respiratory medical condition, emphysema.  Speak with your physician as soon as possible, and if you find your physician is not giving this vaccine, contact your local health department.  Do not forget to get your seasonal influenza vaccination also.

1
0