ramamurthy
ramamurthy asks:
Q:

how to tackle multiple choice questions when all four answers are looking similar

In Topics: Tests (preparing, taking, anxiety!)

|

Allyn Anderson

Multiple choice questions are a great way to assess a lot of information quickly. Don't let a confusing one scare you.

Once you've read the question and answers completely through and you still aren't sure of the answer, put a small dot next to the number on your test. Be sure to skip that line when you move on to anwer the next question. Once you are done with your test, go back and reread those questions to which you've marked a dot.

Once you clearly understand the question, mark the answer that your mind "jumps" to first. Don't change your answer unless you feel you misread or misunderstood the question. Researchers tell us that our unconscious mind ofen knows the answer although we consciously may not be able to identify it quickly.

I've also included some websites that I thought you might find useful.

Enjoy your reading!
0
0

Hi ramamurthy,

I used to hate taking multiple choice questions for just this reason!  I think the trick is to just really take your time reading the answers to pick out which makes each one different from the other.  You can underline or cirlce important words in the answers as you review them.  The more answers you can eliminate as wrong, the better chance you have of eventually selecting the correct one.

Before you start the test, make sure you understand how the grading works.  On some tests, it's better to leave a question blank than to choose an incorrect answer.  On others making a "wild guess" is better than leaving a question blank.  Also, while it's important to read each answer carefully, don't let one question take up too much of your time.  If you really can't figure out what makes the answers different from each other, make a guess and move on.

Hope that helps!

0
0
Show me another question in this topic