Juanita112
Juanita112 asks:
Q:

Should I talk to my child's middle school admin. staff about other kids offering drugs to my son?

I guess the question really is, will talking to the school help?  I know they have cought students with marijuana in their bookbags and all the school does is call the cops to take the student away and suspend him for 1 week.  So far my son has been able to say NO to drugs, but I'm afraid one day he won't be able to due to the pressure.  Please help!
In Topics: Teen alcohol and substance abuse

|

Yes, you absolutely should talk with your school administrators that certain students have offered drugs to your son! You can ask to remain anonymous and the school officials do not need to mention your son to the other kids. Also, the parents of the other kids need to know that their children are using and pushing drugs. Hopefully these kids will eventually get the help and guidance they need.

If you would like to talk about this or any other parenting issue, please call or e-mail our hotline. We also have a website for parents and a website for teens, both of which are listed below. We are here 24/7 for parents and kids of all ages. Take care and best wishes to you and your son!

Cynthia, Counselor
1-800-448-3000
hotline@boystown.org
1
0

myteensavers
myteensavers writes:
Juanita,

Oh my gosh!  You absolutely should speak to your school administration.   If there is a persistent problem with teens trying to pressure your son, you need to talk with someone.  It is good your son has been able to avoid the temptation.   It will be a challenge the next few years as he heads into high school and may be coerced by close friends or girls to try drugs.   Home drug testing is an option to keep in mind.   If you ever have a concern about your teen and drugs, don't hesitate to call us at teensavers for help.    Or go to our website for helpful information for parents.

Hang in there!

1
0