Andreaburns2923
Andreaburns... asks:
Q:

I need a better way to teach my kids that I home school.

I have four kids that I home school, and they are at different levels, I have two kindergarnden, first grade, third grade, and I want to know what is a good way to teach them because I try to deal with them at the same time but it never work out the way I would like.
In Topics: Homeschooling

|

Mommy411
Mommy411 writes:
Well, I'm not an expert and I don't know your exact situation but, if it were me homeschooling four young children, I would do the following: 1) create a workspace for each of them that they can decorate and call their own. 2) stick to a schedule the best you can 3) split their breaks and education.  For instance, the two older ones can have their “recess” while the littler ones read/learn new words and then while the little ones are coloring the older ones can do their math.  Something like that because you can’t teach academics to all of them at the same time.  The younger kids will get frustrated and bored if they’re forced to “pay attention” while you’re helping the eight year old figure out the square root of 25.  No matter what you do, teaching young kids at three different grade levels is tough.  Another option is to split their days off  - The two kindergarteners can take their “Saturday and Sunday” on Monday and Tuesday – in theory, you’d only have all four kids three days a week instead of five.  It might be more “schooling” for you but aren’t you Full-Time anyway being a mom?  Lol :-) Good luck, I hope it works out for you :-)

1
0