sister2four
sister2four asks:
Q:

How to teach states and capitols?

My little sister is learning states and capitals right now. What is the best way to get kids to remember the 50 U.S. states and capitols? Any tips for teaching?
In Topics: Helping my child with social studies / history

|
pigtoria
pigtoria writes:
Hi Sister2four,

My sister and I learned and memorized the 50 states and capitols different ways and after 20 years, we both still remember all the 50 states and most capitols.

My sister learned the states based on their geographical location – from north to south and west (because we live in CA) to east.  So she would start with WA, OR, CA, ID, etc.

I learned the states in alphabetically order.  And I used the following formula to memorized them:

A (4 states that begin with this letter), C (3 states), D (1 state), F (1 state), G (1 state), H (1 state), I (4 states), K (2 states), L (1 state), M (8 states), N ( 8 states), O (3 states), P (1 state), R (1 state), S (2 states), T (2 states) U (1 state), V (2 states), W (4 states)

Vicki

0
0
jcawhern
jcawhern writes:
my little brother which i raised new a song maybe u can find that song online some how it was perfect and very impressive you enjoy. he is 28 and still knows the song.wish he was here i could make it easy for you.

0
0