Stressedmothermary
Stressedmot... asks:
Q:

What do I do about a teacher who keeps down gradeing my son in front of him and is exagerating situations that she her self hasnt even seen him do?

She is continuing to meet up with me after school and telling me that my son if he was older would be in prision for his actions when she had just told me he plays to rough. Then after I wasnt happy with her comment she continued to say she has had a few children complaine about my child so she wants on medication right away or he wont get better. Now she is going to the principale. I am at a lost to what to do. Please help me with some insight on what or who I should talk to.
In Topics: School and Academics, Working with my child's teacher(s)

|

The comments made by this teacher to you are outside of the scope of her professional expertise. First, telling you that your child is heading to prison is inappropriate. Second, the teacher is not qualified to make decisions about medications. You can request another educator with more qualifications, such as a school psychologist or school counselor, observe your child in class.

Write the principal about your concerns in a factual way. Leave out your opinions about the teacher. Ask for assistance in determining the best interventions with your child. You need the principal's support and objectivity.

0
0

Annieverhart
Annieverhart writes:
If you have the time I would go and spend the day in the classroom.  Yes your son will act a little different with you there, but if he's so out of control, which I don't buy, you'll see, at the very least, hints of that behavior. Do not back down from this teacher! She has no right to demand that you put your child on medications. Meet with the principal, take your spouse/ trusted friend that is aware of whats been going on, ask that the schools counseler to attend as well. It may sound extreme, but so is the way she's approching this. Don't get bullied by her because she's your kids teacher. Stay strong and positive! :)

0
0