asherg
asherg asks:
Q:

What to do when a private school teacher verbally mocks a student?

A teacher in my high school was verbally mocking a student(who was my friend). Stating that he saw one of my friend's moms starring in a porn movie he watched.
What can somebody do about the teacher who is approx.30 years old ? What rules has the teacher broken?What charges may he face?
This is in a private high school.
Thanks.
In Topics: My Relationship with my child's school, Bullying and teasing

|

It sounds like you are a student and a good friend.  I'm not sure if your school has an ethical code that teachers must adhere to, and I don't know if it would find fault with the teacher making this comment.  I think the comment is unacceptable, but legally I don't know what you can do.

However, I do think there are some steps you can take to ensure it won't happen again.  I would report it to the school's administration, today if possible.  Get it on the record.  If you can get your friend or other students form the class to go with you even better.  Just remember it will probably come down to your word against the teacher's.  So if someone heard from someone else the teacher said that, that isn't good enough.  When speaking to the administration, stay calm and state the facts.  Then ask them what they plan to do about it.  Now, keep in mind, there actions might not be what you want them to be.  

If you feel you aren't getting anywhere, tell your parent.  They might be able to follow up with a phone call or email.

Another ideas is to tell another trusted teacher in the school what happened.  They might be able to give you some support in reporting the matter.

Standing up for you friend is a good thing.  What the teacher said was wrong and very unprofessional.  If it happens again, keep reporting it.  Good luck!

4
0

asherg
asherg writes:
Thanks very much for your quick response.
This incident happened during one of our periods at school during English.
The teacher said it out in front of the whole class, with 22 guys in it.
So basically everyone heard.

I've spoken to my friends and we'll see what we'll do .
If this happens again, we will bring it up with the school department.

Thanks again for your response.

4
0
Triziasep
Triziasep writes:
The teacher must not inflict damage slandered the good name of the students or else the teacher can be suit to the jail or else the teacher can be expelled in the school where she /he is teaching now.To mock a students among the crowd is not allowed at all,because the students felt the uncharitable actions from others,and first of all teachers must minimized judging other people unless if the students wanted a help from the teacher for good.

2
0
Triziasep
Triziasep writes:
For me mocking a students is not REALLY BAD ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE ARE PEOPLE HEARD THE UNCHARITABLE WORDS THAT THE GOOD NAME OF A STUDENTS WILL BE DESTROYED THE TEACHERS MUST BE ADVISE NOT TO CONTINUE HER/HIS TEACHING IN AN INSTITUTION ESPECIALLY IN A PRIVATE SCHOOL.

1
0
Hi asherg,

This is very unprofessional and unethical along with just flat out disturbing.  You need to involve the parents and in my opinion this teacher needs to be dismissed.  Slander is a serious matter and the topic of the teacher's slander is even more concerning.  As a teacher in a private school, he should realize that his salary is solely dependent on the fees that the parents pay to provide their students a better environment and this teacher has failed to comply.

Involve the parents and best wishes!

2
0
EdieRaether
EdieRaether , Teacher writes:
This is NOT okay.  I just interviewed a few student for my book, Stop Bullying Now!   I was appalled at how many teachers and faculty are bullying as well.  Being a teacher does not give you a ticket to break the rules.  You should be a role model not a bad example  or a good example of what NOT to do.  
Please share this with your parents and report it to the principal.  
This is not a good sign and such actions could get worse.  
TAKE ACTION.  
Edie

1
0
mommickey
mommickey writes:
Ask parents to observe the classroom
 Talk to the principal about what is going on.
Yes! he has broken rules ,
It does not matter if it is private school.
That is up to your school board,what happen to him

1
0
lizziebell
lizziebell writes:
tell the pricipal

0
0