casey2010
casey2010 asks:
Q:

Should I tell my teachers about my OCD?

I found out that I have OCD last April. I didn't tell any of my teachers then because the school year was almost over. My OCD is getting better, but there are still days when it will unexpectedly get kind of bad again.  There are also days where it will make me kind of depressed. I will for sure tell my counselor, but do you think I need to tell my teachers?
In Topics: Back to school, Anxiety, Children and stress

|

AnnieFox

I'm glad to hear that your OCD is improving. You have my respect and admiration for dealing with the challenge as well as you do! Yes, you should tell your counselor and yes, I think it would make a lot of sense for you to let your teachers know as well. It will help them understand you better... something we all appreciate!

0
0

ashita21
ashita21 , Student writes:
Since OCD is anxiety based, I think it would be nice if you tried to get your "control" so to speak, over it. Not feed it, if you know what I mean. But if somehow you think that these bad days can have a bad effect on your school work, you may need to inform your teacher.
I think that you counsellor would be the best person to guide you in this area.

0
0
ZULEYMA
ZULEYMA writes:
I think you should tell your counselor that way they too can learn from you and help you in school.. plus also help other students understand it .

0
0
Anonymous