Anonymous
Q:

Teen Relationship Advice?

I have known a guy for two and a half years already. We really love each other, although we don't speak much because we have been cautious (my question) but we've both expressed our feelings to each other. The problem is that I just turned 16 and he's 20.5 and I know that can be an issue legally. I am mature for my age and from watching this guy I assume he is too. We're both sensible, sensitive individuals. He is responsible and caring to everyone- even fellow guys and we know each other well enough to know that our personalities are compatible. We share interests and so far, we read each other like a book but no, we can't hang out often until this issue is cleared. This is someone I think I can live my life with. (But I wouldn't think of having sex until I'm old enough. Ever.) My parents get along well with him, he's my brother's friend but they don't really know our feelings for each other and I don't want to blow their minds by telling them this until I know it's okay legally. They might lock me in a tower until I'm 18! I'd really like to have an answer soon. Thank you!
In Topics: Teen sexuality and dating

|

You sound like you have thought this out carefully. Good for you. Especially don't be in a rush for sexual involvement regardless of the legality.  Both of you are at different points in your life (ie high school and college/work). Your expectation may be different than his now. Enjoy one another's company and let time be your helpmate. If it is meant to be, it will. But rushing into anything like sexual behavior can alter a good thing. Don't be pressured.

1
0

anthonydavis01
anthonydavi... writes:
Learn to trust each other. Mistrust in these early relationships can easily lead to severe trust issues within relationships as you get older. Samantha knew her parents weren't going to change their plans based on her relationship with Bobby, but she was upset by their lack of understanding.

0
0