lizas77
lizas77 asks:
Q:

I would like to do a test to see if my 1st grader is ready for 2nd grade according to the standards. Where can I find this sort of test without paying?

In Topics: School and Academics, National education standards and No Child Left Behind, State education standards

|

eliad
eliad , Parent writes:
You'll need to work with your school and the district. For various reasons (probably mostly budgetary) it seem to be hard to convince the districts to conduct assessments tests. The answer I received before is that it is up to my sons teacher to assess his progress and if he should move on (in my case from Kindergarten to 1st Grade)

You can get a private assessment but it won't be without paying.

Check the developmental milestones section here: http://www.education.com/age/middle-years/  It might help you assess things yourself.

If you are looking for such assessment you probably have some concrete concerns, what are you concerned about?

1
0