Asato
Asato asks:
Q:

How to assist my daughter in achieving higher test scores?

My 12 year old daughter does well at school and knows the weekly assignments, however, when taking test she receives low scores.
I work with her daily and assist as needed. We both complete the homework assignment, then check answers and if they are different, we review to determine what she has done wrong. I continue to sit with her every day and review the topics prior to test day.

How can I assist her to receive higher test scores?
Help...need advice or suggestions...
In Topics: Tests (preparing, taking, anxiety!)

|
Hi Asato, It sounds like you're doing a great job being involved in supporting your daughter's academic success.

Perhaps she is experiencing some test anxiety that is affecting her performance. Here are some resources to help understand and ease that challenge for your daughter:
http://www.education.com/topic/test-prep/

You might also consult with her teacher to see what she or he suggests.

Good luck, and thanks for asking!

1
0
Today we received via email a wonderful update from the member who asked this question:

"Hello: It's been 2 months since I received the response to my question below. I have great news to update you with....

I changed teachers for my daughter, which has helped tremendously due to different and better teaching skills. She is also receiving an "A" in math right now. Her test scores have also improved from "C's and D's" to "B's.

I believe the retention to the mind plays a BIG part and may have been what lacked with my daughters test scores. She learns something new each day Monday-Wednesday and she may not always remember when test time comes on Friday. However, she has focused better with the newly assigned teacher and its seems to be working out a lot better as her grade and test scores have improved tremendously. As an FYI, 8 students have transferred out of the previous teacher's class into this other teacher as they were previously receiving "D's and "F's".

Thank you for your input. Sincerely, MOM"

So glad to hear that your daughter is doing much better -- thanks for sharing!

0
0
Show me another question in this topic