Jankval asks:

Where can they be tested to see if they are gifted?

I have twin boys, age 16, both have always scored the highest in their school for reading and comprehension, but have problems in math and their grades are really bad.
In Topics: National education standards and No Child Left Behind, My gifted child
> 60 days ago



Jan 31, 2011
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

If you think your sons are gifted, you can talk with the school guidance counselor and ask to see him/her in person to discuss your request. Every school has a committee focused on students with special circumstances, including gifted students. That is the first place to start.

I might caution you that testing students in high school is a bit unlikely because high schools offer a variety of levels of classroom subjects in such content areas as English, mathematics and science.

At the same time, if you feel strongly about this you should go ahead and meet with the counselor as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Did you find this answer useful?

Additional Answers (1)

prestigetut... , Teacher writes:
To be honest, 16 is to old to be tested. There is no benefits of the testing at this age. For the younger kids, they can be tested to be enrolled into gifted programs, and they kan be tested in the last quarter of K.

> 60 days ago

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend Education.com to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely