jhester9614 asks:

What tests are normally required in Canada for an American student? Are there standardized test equivalents for the ACT or SAT?

I really want to study in Canada for my graduate but the websites all say that applications vary. Is there a test, like an ACT or SAT equivalent, or just based on grades? Will most schools accept transfers?

Question asked after reading: http://www.education.com/magazine/article/colle...
In Topics: School and Academics, Study abroad, Getting ready for college
> 60 days ago



Nov 8, 2012
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

Thank you for asking this question. Canadian post secondary education is much less expensive than U.S. counterparts, but certainly is high quality depending on hour field of study.

The answer is that you need to research what the requirements are for your program of study. Call or email the counselor or admissions officer at the Canadian school. Ask specific questions. If you have more than one school of interest, write a letter and cut and paste into your email.

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend Education.com to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely