rlf89
rlf89 asks:
Q:

My theme for a week is family. I'm looking for several lesson plans in science, writing, art and music. It's for a preschool class. Please help!!

In Topics: School and Academics, Preschool, Parenting / Our Family

|
When my son was in preschool they helped him make a book called "My Family".  On the cover he drew a picture of our whole family and then he had one page for each member of our family (including pets!).  He drew a picture of each person on the top of the page and on the bottom he shared a few things about the person.  

So the page read something like: "This is my dad.  His favorite food is sushi.  On the weekends he likes to go skiing.  I love him because he teaches me things".

The teachers "interviewed" the kids about each person and the wrote their answers out for them.  The children just wrote the person's name ("Daddy") on the picture.

As a parent I will treasure the final product forever and I know my son had a great time making it.

2
0
Oh - and I forgot to mention that one thing they asked the kids was the age of each person in their family.  It's hilarious to see how old preschoolers think their parents are!

0
0
Anonymous