Dan76
Dan76 asks:
Q:

He thinks that he is a pro in all the sports activities he does.

my 6.5 years old eldest boy , whenever he does a sports activity, after many sessions , he tells me I dont want to go anymore I know how to play and I dont need anyone to teach me anymore. I dont know how to deal with him, is it because he doesnt like the activity as it gets harder , or because he thinks highly of himself which shows in other subject as studies as well.( He is excellent at school).
In Topics: Sports and athletics

|

salfam
salfam writes:
Celebrate his self esteem! Encourage him with positive comments: "I see you can do that skill really well! I wonder what new skill we'll learn at the next practice".

My son is older and tends to over-inflate his abilities as well. I think it's good to be interested in improving and learning. Challenge him to take the next step or level to be the best. Good luck!

0
0