Q:

First time home school parents seek advice.

"My husband and I are starting to home school our 9th grader and 6th grader.  This is our first time, any advice is welcomed."

Asked by Neicy after reading the article, "The Power of the Pen: Write a Persuasive Letter": http://www.education.com/activity/article/Persu...
In Topics: Homeschooling

|
meltay
meltay writes:
Sounds exciting!  As a parent and teacher, I think you'll have a rich learning experience in your home.  My website is designed for a bit younger children but you might check out my links and in particular, my book suggestions -- those go all the way up through high school.  I wish you well!

Melissa

2
0
danieshay
danieshay writes:
First off congratulations.  I know what a big decision that is, especially since we also made the same decision this year.  We have to boys 3rd and 4th grade.  
 There are some great books out there, but the one I recommend is The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling.  It was recommended to me by another homeschooling mom, she also has highschoolers.  It helps you understand the different ways kids learn, and so many other great things.  
  My other advise is to go online to see if there are other     homeschooling groups in your area it takes so much pressure off when you have a good support group.
  Oh yeah and have fun.

Good luck,

Danielle O'Brien
www.livedinnstudios.com
danieshay@gmail.com

1
0
One of the best resources available is HSLDA. (Homeschool Legal Defense Association) I would start here and research laws pertaining to your state. Then I would go on to curriculum. Good Luck!

2
0