Q:

What are your top tips for helping families prepare for Back to School?

Education.com offers a wide range of information and support to help families prepare for the new school year, including authoritative articles, fun activities, academic worksheets and more!

However, we want to hear from you! What do you recommend to families as they prepare for the new school year? Thanks for sharing your top tips!

In Topics: Back to school

|
As I was growing up, the hardest thing for me was preparing for that very first morning. I remember those back-to-school nerves like it was yesterday! I was always ready to go back because summer had started to get boring, but seeing my friends again, having a new teacher, and starting a brand new grade always gave me butterflies.

My favorite things my mom did were to help me pick out a special outfit and to make sure I had my favorite brown bag lunch (complete with an affectionate note). This always helped me get into my comfort zone.

The article "Back to School Countdown: What to Do When" also gives some great suggestions for that first day. I loved these ideas -- especially scheduling play dates with school friends and planning out the morning routine.

2
0
Abena82
Abena82 writes:
One of the best things that you can do is to start preparing early.Things always go smoothly with preparation. The back to school sales begin before the summer even starts(laughs). Start shopping slowly, personally everytime I stop at target or the local pharmacy I pick up a few things on sale.

All the backpacks are on super sale around this time and school supplies are from one cent to one dollar(Target,Walmart,Kmart and Staples). By the time August comes all my friends and colleages are on the back to school rush getting stressed, I am always finished. I also have her read for 30 minutes every evening after summer camp and do some second grade worksheets(from Education.com) so when school begins the work will be familiar and she doesn't forget the homework routine.

In August we start with the earlier bedtimes so she can fall into the school routine again. The back to school time of year can be exciting and frustrating at the same time but with planning it could be smooth sailing.

1
0
canpanita
canpanita writes:
well when preparing the kids materials, look for places that have the things that you need and make sure that they are inexpensive because you don't want to go to the cashier and not have enough money to pay.

1
0