grammy6 asks:

Where do I get training to serve as a support to parents as they navigate the school system?

I would like to develop a service available to parents of both special and regular education students to assist them in development of appropriate programs and strategies for their children.  I am a special education teacher and have been on the educational side of the problem.  But this year, I experienced difficulty in getting services for my non-disabled grandson.  I realized that there were no supports for us as we tried to get a safe place for him.  I would like to provide such a service to parents.
In Topics: My Relationship with my child's school
> 60 days ago



May 12, 2011
Subscribe to Expert

What the Expert Says:

It's a good question.  There are parent advocates who are trained through their district.  It is a good way to get involved in CSE (Committee on Special Education) meetings.  You will learn the lingo.  I hope this helps.

Did you find this answer useful?
Answer this question


You are about to choose ${username}'s answer as the best answer.

Cancel | Continue

*You can change the best answer in the future if you think that you received a better answer

How likely are you to recommend to your friends and colleagues?

Not at all likely
Extremely likely