grammy6
grammy6 asks:
Q:

Where do I get training to serve as a support to parents as they navigate the school system?

I would like to develop a service available to parents of both special and regular education students to assist them in development of appropriate programs and strategies for their children.  I am a special education teacher and have been on the educational side of the problem.  But this year, I experienced difficulty in getting services for my non-disabled grandson.  I realized that there were no supports for us as we tried to get a safe place for him.  I would like to provide such a service to parents.
In Topics: My Relationship with my child's school

|

Vwindman

It's a good question.  There are parent advocates who are trained through their district.  It is a good way to get involved in CSE (Committee on Special Education) meetings.  You will learn the lingo.  I hope this helps.

0
0