gail1969
gail1969 asks:
Q:

How to get high school transcripts for college when school refuses to release?

My daughter needs her high school transcripts for college, however the high scool refuses to give them to us unless i pay my outstanding balance with them. I've tried to set up a payment plan but they refuse. they want it paid in full or no transcripts=no college. Is this legal? What are my options? can i get the transcripts elsewhere? Please help.
In Topics: Working with school administrators, Financial planning for college, Getting ready for college

|
ASimon
ASimon writes:
Hi Gail1969,
   Im really sorry to hear about your transcript issue and it's a shame that your school is being so inflexible to your situation. This situation is tough and often depends on the state's laws regarding private schools. Unfortunately, it is in most private school's written contract upon enrollment that diplomas and transcripts will be withheld until tuition has been paid, making their refusal to give official transcripts legal. Don't feel alone or alienated because of this problem! Many people have this very same question so here are a couple of website resources with more specifics on the legality of similar cases:

http://www.studentloanconsolidator.com/student-loan-consolidation-blog/2009/03/09/my-school-is-withholding-my-transcript/

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/can-a-private-christian-high-school-withhold-trans-67509.html

http://www.laborlawyers.com/showarticle.aspx?May-Schools-Withhold-Transcripts-and-Records-for-Non-Payment?&Ref=list&Type=1119&Cat=2974&Show=9011

-Alex

5
0
Type a formal letter to the school demanding the release of your daughter's transcripts. I would have it certified and signed. If they are unable to work or refuse and do not give the transcript, then it is time to see an attorney. Good luck :)

2
0
talea88
talea88 writes:
I am a former student of Decatur High School and I am sturggling to get my transcripts. I do now understand why.

0
0
MatthewSm
MatthewSm writes:
Usually the best thing to do it call up your high school and tell them what you need and they will print it out and get it ready for you, and mail it or if you live close you can just pick it up. The school has to send them to the college you are applying to, if you send them they will not be deemed official. All you have to do is ask the High School to send them and they will.

0
0
AngelNewman
AngelNewman writes:
Thank you so much for the answers, they are of a real help for me. It is so sad that the representative of educational establishment act like this, because it is extremely difficult to make children respect educators after all this. But it is vital to find the place where your kid will have the opportunity for development. In our old school, my son felt constant pressure and refused to fulfill his papers at home. I tried to help and we even used this site for professional assistance with academic works

0
0
AngelNewman
AngelNewman writes:
Thank you so much for the answers, they are of a real help for me. It is so sad that the representative of educational establishment act like this, because it is extremely difficult to make children respect educators after all this. But it is vital to find the place where your kid will have the opportunity for development. In our old school, my son felt constant pressure and refused to fulfill his papers at home. I tried to help and we even used this site http://essayonlinestore.org/ for professional assistance with academic works.

0
0
MoonWriter
MoonWriter writes:
I think this is a great alternative to the traditional college application in a many ways. I like the fact that there is not so much focus on grades and transcripts, because a transcript alone does not always give an explanation for how hard someone worked in high school. However, I am not really in favor of it replacing a transcript. Just like how you usually write an essay to go along with your transcript, I think the video should do the same.

Sure, a video does provide students with a way to demonstrate their abilities, their motivation, their dreams, their charisma, and anything else not demonstrated by a transcript alone, but at the end of the day, grades DO matter. What about students that want to go into the health field? If they do not know basic science content and how to study it, how will they expect to move up and perform well in college-level classes? Also, what kind of message does this send to students about grades at all then?

Do students think that they can just get "so-so" grades, but then send off some incredible video and then get into college? I think this will work best if it is balanced by the inclusion of a transcript as well.

0
0
MoonWriter
MoonWriter writes:
Just another indication that the US is declining as a world power. No standards required for education just a lot of blah blah. No need to achieve good grades and show that you've got what it takes just a social media presentation - all show and no content. How is the US going to compete in the future with Asia? They're not and already a majority of PhD candidates in the Sciences are from Asia and not the US.

0
0
SarahHarriZzZ
SarahHarriZzZ writes:
I have a son and the same problem. I also tried to set up a payment plan but was denied. I already know though where to apply for help in case of an <a href=http://shinyessays.com>essay</a>; needed. My friends did and it was a positive experience.

0
0
Anonymous