jadenmccoy
jadenmccoy , Student asks:
Q:

How do i get my treatment facility to respect me and the rest of the GBLTQ community?

I am openly gay and i am constantly being bullied and disrespected what can i do?
In Topics: Self esteem and identity, Bullying and teasing, Teen sexuality and dating

|

You have the right to be treated fairly.  I don't know your facility or what its focus is i.e. drugs, mental health etc... Speak up and demand your respect. Form an alliance with other members of the GBLTQ community at your facility.  Speak to your psychiatrist or youth counselor for help.  The off and on line gay community such as PFLAG, Glisten, and Lambda are very helpful to young people especially LAMBDA. Go on line and find your local place or call.

Good journey and best safe wishes to you.

"Remember: No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."  Eleanor Roosevelt.

Wayne A Yankus, MD, FAAP

0
0

EdieRaether
EdieRaether , Teacher writes:
You are saying the STAFF shows no respect.  This is a problem.  There are groups that will help you. I interviewed Corey Bernstein in New Jersey for my book Stop Bullying Now.  He will help.
Again...with or without his help.  You need to confront this issue with the authorities at the facility.  Take notes and keep records.

0
0
Anonymous