Q:

What type of memory tasks can I give special needs children?

"Can you give me some hints on what type of memory task can I give children who are basically special needs children? Your help is very much appreciated."

Asked by Bavi in commenting on the article, "Music and Memory: The effect of music on memory retention": http://www.education.com/science-fair/article/m...
In Topics: School and Academics, Cognitive development, Special needs

|

mayfieldga
mayfieldga , Teacher writes:
I feel all of us need some amount of reference to maintain our memories of things in our lives.  I feel special education students especially those who suffer cognitive problems will continually have problems maintaining those memories unless those tasks are well bridged by other knowledge to help maintain those memories.  When I taught MID and MOD students, this was a never ending problem for me.  If you achieve some long-term memory in those students, good for you, but it is a continual work to maintain it.

0
0
Anonymous