sp8sfamily3
sp8sfamily3 asks:
Q:

What type of test do alternative kindergartens give for entrance?

My daughter will be entering kindergarten this year? The alternative school I want her to attend administers a test to see what they have learned in preschool. I need information about the test so that she will be ready on that day.
In Topics: Kindergarten readiness

|

Hi Leshon,

I'd actually recommend not doing anything to "prepare" your daughter for that test.  If it's like most schools, it's just a chance for them to get to know her.  They'll talk to her to get a sense of how comfortable she is with colors, shapes, and maybe even letters and numbers.  But usually the most important thing they're looking for is to see where she is socially and whether or not she's comfortable being apart from you.  If you do a lot to stress her out about the shapes/colors part of the test, she'll probably end up being nervous and uncomfortable during the process.  I think you'd be better off just getting her excited about it and telling her she's going to get to spend some time at "big girl school" and she's going to play some games with the teachers.  

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
education.com community team

0
0