endy asks:

can i  do volunteer work in elementary school

i have 3year degree in science and 1 year degree in education from india.i want to be teacher aide for lower elementary class but now i don't have working visa .so i want to do some course or volunteer work in any elementary school to get experience and improve my skill . so my question is that can i do volunteer work in any elementary school or not and is ther any school or institute which provide courses for teacher aide
In Topics: Volunteering and citizenship

Hi Endy,

I recommend you contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to find out rules specific to the visa you do have. Here is their National Customer Service Center hotline number: 1-800-375-5283. They also have Law and Regulation information on their website: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

Once you've confirmed that it is legal for you to participate at an elementary school as a volunteer teacher's aide, you can research U.S. schools in your area through SchoolFinder:
Contact schools that interest you to see if they have a need for a volunteer teacher's aide, or if they know any other local schools that do.

Information about the teacher's aide profession is available on the Bureau of Labor Statistics site here:

Here is a listing of teacher's aide learning institutions (including universities and colleges):

Here is information about teacher's aide certification:

I hope these resources are helpful to you and that you're able to achieve your goal.