blondie0601
blondie0601 asks:
Q:

what should i do

I'm 16 and there are a few people who like to pick on me

i have suffered from bullying in primary school also, but now in high school there is one girl who calls me inappropriate names and two boys who think its funny to put me down and pick on me (verbally)

what do i do??

|

We're really glad you took the time to reach out for some help. Dealing with bullying is one of the most overwhelming and upsetting experiences a person can go through in high school. It is definitely rude and immature to start picking on other people, so we are so happy that you haven't been engaging in this yourself.

Your school probably has an Anti-Bullying Policy, which should outline the procedures the school follows to confront bullying and end it when it starts. Speaking with the school counselor and let him or her know what has been going on. Try to be as specific as possible (what they do or say, when it usually takes place, how often, and who has been doing it to you). Then, ask to go over the Anti-Bullying policy with the school counselor to see what can be done...then put the plan into action.

It is also important to remember that bullies love to get a reaction out of people. If you respond by ignoring their comments, giving them the cold shoulder, and not saying anything back to them you can avoid giving them the reaction they are looking for. Responding to their words and actions only reinforces what they are doing.

Also, check out this Anti-Bullying organization: http://www.standforthesilent.org/

1-800-448-3000
0
0