Rogerdaddy
Rogerdaddy asks:
Q:

Why won't my 5 year old talk to me on the phone when I call?

Mom and I have been separated for 13 months and we have two daughters 3 and 5.  I have the girls every other weekend and Wednesday night.  On some of the days that I don't see them I will call to say good night.  Many times the 5 year old won't talk to me at all and I don't know why.  They are very excited to see me when I pick them up from daycare or school or see them at their soccer games, etc.  and they are very happy to be with me during my time.  Also, Mom calls when I have the girls and will also not want to talk to her either - but with a little coaxing they will.  Why?
In Topics: Parenting / Our Family, Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|

Children may feel uncomfortable taking on the phone, because they do not see the other person.  Most likely, your daughter can't imagine how it's possible that she hears your voice coming from the receiver, but you are not visible.  

If your daughter has a good relationship with you and the mom, there is nothing to worry about!  When she is away from you, continue talking to her on the phone, but don't force a reply.  With time, she will talk :)

Bets regards.
0
0