Confused101
Confused101 asks:
Q:

Why won't my mom listen to me when addressing an issue?

Me and my mom fight about the something over and over again . But when I try to sit and talk about it she rolls her eyes at me like I'm worthless then says she doesn't want to talk about it . Then she expresses her point of view and runs away for a couple hours .
In Topics: Teen issues, Communicating with my child (The tough talks)

|

It sounds like you and your mom are stuck in a cycle. The way you have been communicating is like a bad habit and it can take time to break any habit. Good for you by trying to approach your mom in a different way by trying to sit down and talk things over! If you continue to use this approach, you will feel better about yourself and you may see changes in your mom's behaviors as well.

You say you are fighting about the same issue over and over. Is is possible that what you are wanting from you mom is something she won't discuss any longer because she has already told you "no"? If this is the case then you should stop begging your mom to change her mind. You can ask her why she feels the way she does but you need to respect her decision.

If you would like to speak with a counselor about this or any other issue, please call or e-mail our Hotline. We also have an excellent website for teens: www.yourlifeyourvoice.org   We hope to hear from you soon!

Cynthia, Counselor
1-800-448-3000
yourlifeyourvoice@boystown
1
0

haileycolt
haileycolt writes:
ask her if she has time to talk and if she does have her sit down on the couch or something and then tell her to please listen and not to interrupt and then she can say her opinion. then go on and say what you need to and don't let he butt in.

1
0