Singlemomof1
Singlemomof1 asks:
Q:

She wont go #2 in the potty

My daughter is 3 years old and she has no issues going #1 on the potty and occasionally she will go #2 on the potty but for the most part she would prefer to go in her pants. She wants to get cleaned up right away so she doesnt enjoy it but I can not get her to go consistently on the toilet. Why? And how can I fix it?
In Topics: Potty Training

|
Passg
Passg writes:
Most kids are actually afraid to go #2 in the potty..im not sure why. But a trick my mom used on me and my 2 brothers while potty training really works. When she realized we wouldn't use the potty, and this is if ur child still wears pull-ups/diapers, leave her running naked round the house. Nothing on..and when she has the urge to go..she does not have on a pull-up or diaper..her last resort is to use the potty. It worked on my moms 3 kids and her friends kids. Give it a shot.

0
0
There is not a set age as to when a child will become completely potty trained as they all develop at their own pace and at different times.  You know your child best, watch for signs and remind them by asking "do you need to use the bathroom?".  For example, she may run and hide or make faces, you'll be able to notice little signs that she needs to go.  If she resists and don't want to go, gently take her by the hand and tell her "let's try".  Reward her attempts and reward her success, talk to her about keeping clean and how much better it feels to use the potty over her pants, she will soon realize that it is much better to go to the potty.  I don't recommend turning her loose with nothing on, you'll only have a "mess" that you will have to clean.  At 3, I would buy her cloth underwear to use during the day when you're with her and save the expensive training pants for when you must take her out or bedtime.  She will love the way the cloth pants feel and when she does have an "accident" she feels all the effects, take her with you shopping and let her choose "her big girl pants" she will have a feeling of pride, explain to her that she's a big girl now and that she is old enough to clean herself, this is also an incentive to use the potty.  Be patient and in time, when she's ready, she will be independently using the bathroom.  Best wishes!

1
0