Anonymous
Q:

work place harassement

my supervisor is always down grading me in front of patients;its so bad i feel like i am walking on egg shells & they are getting ready to break;i went to my manager,human resource,my managers boss nothing gets done about it; i have had a panic attack at work its not good;i don't know what else to do;someone told me to contact a attorney about work place harassement;my supervisor even went as far as telling me to do something & i did & i got hurt;now she said i didn't tell you to do that;just feels like everything is being brushed under the rug
In Topics: Jobs/Careers

|

Daniel_Guillot
Daniel_Guil... , Parent writes:
Sorry to hear about your situation.  Obviously looking for another job may be a solution for you.  I'm not sure what legally classifies as harassement in the workplace, so I cannot offer advice on that front, but I do know how difficult it is to work in this type of situation.  I refer back to something that's posted on the wall at my office.  Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it.  Very true, but often difficult to live by.  I suggest looking at different ways to react to these incidents.  One suggestion is to confront the supervisor directly about how you are treated in front of the patient.  Ask for the criticism to be given to you in private.  Another is to respond to criticism with statements like "Thank you for your advice.  I appreciate it."  Statements like this can have a profound effect on the other person with feelings varying from admiration to how you respond to criticism to guilt about how they have been treating you.  During this time, try your best to perform you job well.  It is difficult to gain support or affect change if your work is lacking during this period.  Often employers will ignore complaints from workers who they feel are below par even if their performance is being affected by the harassement.  Good luck.

0
0