risharithu
risharithu asks:
Q:

Writing improvement help

My 5th grade daughter is a good writer, she has a lot of content in her writing but she doesn't take time to put them together. I want to get some external help where somebody/some site can guide her with her writing effort. Where/how can I find that?
In Topics: Helping my child with writing, Working with tutors, Helping my child with school work and home work

|

KidAngel

I just "googled" help my child with writing skills. Here is one example of that search:
Time4Writing: Online Writing Courses for Elementary to High School

Start there! I hope this is helpful to your 5th graders needs.

Barbara Antinoro
Kid Angel Foundation
Educational Consultant

1
0

TeacherandParent
TeacherandP... writes:
The only way to become a better writer is to write. One 'trick' is to allow her to speak her thoughts and have someone scribe for her. There's also a free app for an I-phone that does a wonderful job with taking voice dictation.
Have her write just single sentences if the issue is mechanics. If her ideas are great but her writing isn't, just have her practice single sentences focusing on having the sentences be good ones rather than have her writing essays or paragraphs.

1
0
ajmrer
ajmrer writes:
Being a good writer is really about having the ability to communicate. To do that well, it is important to have an understanding of language and having a good vocabulary is fundamental. In English, there are words that have similar meanings. However, the final choice of word can make a huge difference to what is expressed, once placed within the context of a sentence. Grammar and the use of punctuation are also vital components of developing communication skills and should be studied well.

0
0
tuckerrr
tuckerrr writes:
Interestingly, people actually read longer lines faster. But fast reading isn’t necessarily what you want them to be doing. You want readers to be absorbing what you wrote, understanding your message, and reading comfortably as well.

0
0
TeacherandParent
TeacherandP... writes:
There are tutors but they can be expensive. Go to tutors.com to find tutors in your area.

0
0
Anonymous