AngiesCare
AngiesCare asks:
Q:

Writing your name page

I would like to know if you have a page that I can type the name in and then it will dot the name on lined paper so that my child may trace her name repeatedly.

Thank you very much for your time. I love this website!
Angie
In Topics: Kindergarten readiness

|
Hi AngiesCare,

A member of our Editorial team was able to track one down for you. Hope this helps!

http://www.education.com/worksheet/article/handwriting-paper/

Alex
Community Team

0
0
deborah.dow
deborah.dow writes:
I would like to know if you have a page that I can download as a blank writing page. once I have it I can type a child's name on the lines and it will dot the letters for tracing

1
0
lynellen
lynellen writes:
Just another thought:  Our joints that rotate and our larger muscles have better motor memory than our little finger muscles.  If you have a large piece of paper, a large dry eraser board or blackboard, dot the letters on it first.  Once your child can trace the large letters easily then try paper.  Be aware that the easiest letters are the line letters, then the curved and last the diagonal ones.  If your child is not 4 1/2 to 5 diagonal lines may be pretty tough as they don't appear from a perceptual developmental arena until this age.  That is why so many A's look like straight lines with a frown on top at younger ages.  Most of all make writing fun: shaving creme, Wikki Sticks, sidewalk chalk, etc. There are fun ideas to learn letters without holding a pencil at www.lynslines.wordpress.com

0
0