kmathies
kmathies asks:
Q:

How to do the writing part of a diorama?

My son is in first grade and is to make a diorama and he is supposed to have a writting part of the dioramma. I goggled how to make one and we figured it out and it looks very goood. Im just not ure how to do the writning part of the diorama? Please does anyone konw. I want him to writing part so it go along with the diorama so he is sure to have the best diorama he can.
In Topics: Helping my child with school work and home work, Helping my child with science

|

Allyn Anderson

Call your child's teacher for clarification of the directions. However, it seems that your son just needs to be ready to "share" his project with others through the practice of writing. Consider such points as: topic, why chosen, why this aspect of history is important to the growth of the country, what the importance of the items included is.

0
0

Hi, My second grade daughter is also making a diorama for school. Her teacher provided specific instructions for all aspects of the assignment (a multi-sheet packet was sent home with the homework). Did you son's teacher provide any guidance about what is expected for the writing portion of his project? If not, I suggest following up with the teacher to learn more about what he/she is expecting.

In the Education.com diorama project linked below, the narrative is verbal, and the student describes the scene he/she created (and any imaginative stories the child constructs that match the scene in the diorama): http://www.education.com/activity/article/Diorama_first/

If you're unable to get specific direction from the teacher, you could consider having your son write a description of the diorama that covers...

>What is the scene of? What is inside the scene (what are the objects and their sizes, colors, etc.)?

>Why did he chose that scene? For instance, if it's a scene of dinosaurs, did he choose that scene because he likes dinosaurs, or because you recently saw a movie or read a book about dinosaurs? What is it about the subject matter of the scene that he particularly likes?

>Are there any details that your child would especially like to point out? For instance, using the dinosaur example, did he include leaves next to the vegetarian dinosaurs, or place the dinosaurs near a water hole? Is there a volcano in the background to represent common earth activity during the era of dinosaurs?

>After he created the diorama, did he also create a make-believe story that goes with it? If so, include that in the written narrative about the diorama too.

I hope this helps. Thanks for asking!

0
0