DannieMoofin
DannieMoofin asks:
Q:

I am writing a persuasive speech for my Public Speaking Class and I was wondering what were some good educational topics that I would be able to write

I really want to get a good topic so I can speak about it in my Public Speaking class
In Topics: Speech and language issues

|
One topic worthy of attention is that of bullying at school. You could write a persuasive speech convincing students to stop bullying on campus, or one targeting parents and teachers to do the same.

Here is a link to Education.com's Bullying Special Edition, where you'll find a lot of great information on this topic:
http://www.education.com/topic/school-bullying-teasing/

Additionally, here's a resource from Scholastic that offers tips for writing and delivering a speech:
http://teacher.scholastic.com/writewit/speech/index.htm

Lastly, here's an article that may be perfect for you...

Persuasive Speech Tips and Topics: How to write a convincing speech for your public speaking class
http://collegeuniversity.suite101.com/article.cfm/persuasive_speech_tips_and_topics

Good luck -- I hope your speech writing process goes very well and you are successful in persuading your audience on whatever topic you choose!

0
1
Sylvia HS
Sylvia HS , Child Professional, Teacher writes:
Hi Dannie,

Here are some educational topics that might interest you:

What is the best approach for teaching reading - phonics or whole words?

Should special needs students be included in regular classrooms?

Should there be merit pay for teachers?

Are private schools better than public schools?

Should parents be able to send their children to any school they want?

Should we make children repeat a grade?

What can we do about the high school dropout rate?

Should we begin to teach reading at age seven, like some countries do in Europe?

Are more boys than girls failing in school?

Should we stream students into academic/non-academic routes earlier than senior high school?

Are we pushing our students too hard in North America?

These topics are VERY controversial and you'll be able to find many different opinions about them.

The best to you!!

Sylvia HS
Reading Specialist, Author

1
0
dianar
dianar writes:
A great topic would be about lonely children. Most young children as early pre-K feel lonely due to one reason or another - due to moving, their friend moving, being a new student, loneliness on the playground during recess time, etc.  I think as adults we are quick to say "You'll make new friends" when we send them off to school, but the reality is, they are scared and lonely sometimes.  And not all children have friends.  What a sad way to go through the beginning stages of your life.

My beliefs were confirmed after reading an article on this website and after looking at questions moms had asked regarding their children not having friends.  Please read the article attached if you are interested in this topic.  I know there a lot more out there as well.  This is the first one I read.

1
0
I would try to do something other than reading. In my years as a teacher and as a college student, I have found there are really no concrete answers to the reading issues. My opinion is that each child is ready to read at a different age and then once you know this, providing the correct atmosphere is cruical to development. However, a lot of people would disagree. I would try doing something on the high cases of Autism. This seems to be on the rise and if so, education will have to be reformed once more (or at least public ed).

1
0
babloo888
babloo888 writes:
I WANT TO WRITE AN INAGURAL SPEECH ON SPORTS DAY

0
1
cracked
cracked writes:
well every day people in shcool are getting bullyed so why don't you asks people around the shcool that with they get bullyed or there are the bullys because im a bully but i don't pick on people that are little and getting pick on im the bullying that is protecting the little guy and picking on the bully that picking on him

1
0
cracked
cracked writes:
the same is when u are a new kid at the school i try to be friends with him it a bit hard for him but because he don't know if you are missing with him so you start talking to him about or self and then he getting a less scard of you because he know things about you and then you asks him what things about him self and he tells you things like what he like and there things and with anyone pick on him you are there to protect him from getting put up agaist a wall or some thing else or like getting punch you are there to do what ever

2
0