CBrimmer
CBrimmer asks:
Q:

Writing skills kindergarten/first grade

My daughter refuses to write! I have explained concepts such as capitals to her as well as her teachers, when staring over her shoulder she shows that she can write both upper and lower case and even knows what words need to be capitals most of the time. When unsupervised (teacher is helping another child, I walk even to the bathroom for a moment) she just scribbles and refuses to do the simplest tasks! Is this social or just her way of rebelling?
In Topics: School and Academics, Helping my child with writing, Helping my child with school work and home work

|

AnitaMcGuire
AnitaMcGuire writes:
It is obvious to me that she just dosn't want to do it.  If she truly can write when you are watching over her then she must like the attention or the instant appoval.  I would explain that writing is a natural part of learning and that we must all learn to write.  Show her examples of when you have to write.  Give her short writing tasks and check progress.  You could reward her growth although there is growing evidence to suggest that rewards are really not long term.  Children have to want to do something and understand the meaning for the task.

0
0
Anonymous