Anonymous
Q:

Need help writing a teacher appreciation letter.

I need help writing a teacher appreciation letter for my kindergartener, I'm new here and i have no idea how to write it; can any one give a sample letter and should i write it or let my son write it by himself (my son can write and read well)
In Topics: Helping my child with writing, My Relationship with my child's school

|

MomSOS

Suggestions:
You could send a letter, or you and your son can write a joint letter.  Each of you might write a little piece and send it, on the same page or two separate pages.

Keep yours simple:

Dear____her name____________________,
Thank you so much for all you have done for my son this year.
We appreciate your dedication to his education.

Very truly yours,

__your name___________________

Since your son is in her class, he might be able to tell you something that has meant a lot to him during this year.  Then you can also mention it in the letter.

Your son could write a big "THANK YOU!"  and maybe draw her a picture and sign it.

You can also consider thanking his teacher in person and telling her how much you appreciate her. Teachers are grateful for all positive comments in any form and any length.

Bette J. Freedson, LICSW, LCSW, CGP
Clinical Social Worker
http://www.singlemomsos.com/index.htmlBette J. Freedson, LICSW, LCSW, CGP

2
1

Why not do both? You could enclose two notes or cards in one envelope, with a personal thank you from you and you child.

Ask your son to brainstorm things that he he really liked about his teacher. Was there anything in particular that he or she was especially helpful with? Did he enjoy reading or doing art projects with his teacher? Suggest that he thanks his teacher for his or her hard work, and any specific field trips, projects, or lessons that stood out to him. As long as the letter comes from the heart, it will be well-received and appreciated by his teacher. Try having him write it out on scratch paper first, so that he can get help with sentence structure and spelling.

Since his letter will most likely be on the shorter side, you can also write your own letter, giving a more detailed explanation of the positive impact that you think his teacher has had on him, and anything in particular that you appreciated about his teacher. Did he or she go above and beyond setting up a holiday party? Was his teacher great at sparking your son's imagination? Along with a general, heartfelt "thank you," give some specific examples of things his teacher did that you were grateful for.

Here are some previous ideas users came up for celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week; you may find some good ideas here! http://www.education.com/question/child-celebrating-teacher-appreciation-week/

Also, I'm including a link for a teacher thank you note activity that uses an empty cereal box. Not only is it cute, but it's eco-friendly, too!

1
0
Anonymous