kate1903
kate1903 asks:
Q:

One year old with anger issues

I have a one year old who has anger issues in my classroom. When she doesn't get her way or I change her diaper she starts screaming and throwing a tantrum. Help! What can I do?

|

We think that going to the parents would be the most appropriate action here.  They may be familiar with this behavior and have some ideas about how to correct it.  Also it may be that the child is simply of a difficult temperment.  One year olds are emotional and at a raw age.  They do not have the awareness to be able to process cognitive information so changing their behavior is not easy.  Talk to the parents and continue to be patient and comforting.  Please take care!

Please take care and remember that you can call the Boys Town National Hotline 24 hours a day at the number below, free of charge to discuss any parenting issue.  We are here to help, you are not alone!

Counselor, NZ

Boys Town National Hotline-A Resource for Parents and Teens
www.parenting.org
1-800-448-3000

0
0

Chakori
Chakori writes:
Well Kate,
If it where me I would let the parents know and if it didn't change I would tell them they would have to find another daycare  because if you have other children its not fare to them Right? Remember you can only do so much so dont over stress your self :) and thank God the Child goes home every night :) Good luck Leigh,

0
0
yaran
yaran writes:
I have a 1 year old baby boy, he has been introduced to kinder garden, but he has became so angry,  screaming and shouting loudly all the time,
please help me help my baby

0
0